WARM SWEET POTATO SALAD & ORANGE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
Discover how to create this colorful and nutritious warm salad that's perfect for any occasion. Experience the harmonious blend of citrusy orange and luscious honey, perfectly complementing the earthy sweetness of the roasted sweet potatoes. Our easy-to-follow recipe will guide you through the steps to prepare this flavorful side dish.
SWEET POTATO INGREDIENTS
2 lb. sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
12 Tbsp. dried cranberries (or red seedless grapes)
1/2 orange (peeled and roughly chopped, for topping)
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 scallion (minced)
2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts (optional)
1/2 orange (juiced)
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
dash of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
3. Arrange the sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, salt, and black pepper.
5. Stir with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
6. Place baking sheet on the middle rack of oven and roast the potatoes for 30-40 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, peel and chop ½ orange and mince 1 scallion for later.
8. Remove sweet potatoes from oven and allow sweet potatoes to cool to room temperature.
9. Whisk together the orange juice, oil, apple cider vinegar, heat and sweet honey, salt, and cayenne. Taste and add additional salt and honey, if desired.
10. Arrange roasted sweet potatoes on a serving platter. Drizzle evenly with dressing
11. Top with the chopped orange, dried cranberries, goat cheese, minced scallion, and pine nuts (optional). Serve immediately.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.