3 large sweet potatoes
1/4 cup unsalted butter
salt/pepper (to your taste)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Prepare the Sweet Potatoes: Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into evenly sized chunks or cubes to ensure even cooking.
3. Boil the Sweet Potatoes: Place the sweet potato chunks in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil and cook the sweet potatoes until they are fork-tender. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes and let them cool for a few minutes.
4. Whip the Sweet Potatoes: In a large mixing bowl, combine the boiled sweet potatoes, wildflower (or cinnamon-infused honey), unsalted butter, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
5. Mash and Whip: Use a potato masher or an electric mixer to mash and whip the sweet potatoes until they are smooth and creamy.
6. Season to taste. Add more honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, or pepper to suit your preferences.
7. Transfer the honey-whipped sweet potatoes to a serving dish and garnish with a drizzle of wildflower honey and a sprinkle of extra cinnamon if desired.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.