1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt/pepper (to your taste)
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 scallions, thinly sliced
Zest of one lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F and place a rimmed baking sheet on the bottom rack.
2. Cut Brussel sprouts into halves.
3. In a large bowl, toss the raw brussels sprouts with olive oil and season them with salt and black pepper.
4. Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven. Using tongs, arrange the brussels sprouts cut side down on the sheet.
5. Roast on the bottom rack for 20-25 minutes or until they're softened and deeply browned.
6. In a small saucepan, bring the honey to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the honey, stirring often, until it turns a deep amber color (be cautious not to burn it). This should only take 3-4 minutes.
7. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the apple cider vinegar and red pepper flakes (if using). Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
8. Return the saucepan to medium heat, add the butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook while whisking constantly until the glaze becomes glossy, bubbling, and slightly thickened, which takes about 3-4 minutes.
9. Transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Add the honey glaze and sliced scallions. Toss to combine the flavors.
10. Transfer the honey-glazed Brussels sprouts to a serving platter and top them with lemon zest for a refreshing, zesty twist.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.