HONEY BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE
This cranberry sauce adds a delightful complexity to your Thanksgiving feast, and the honey and bourbon complement the tartness of the cranberries beautifully. Serve this Honey Bourbon Cranberry Sauce as a flavorful and slightly boozy accompaniment to your Thanksgiving turkey or any other dish that could use a sweet and tangy twist.
12 ounces (about 3 cups) fresh cranberries
1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
Zest of one orange
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1. Rinse the fresh cranberries under cold water and discard any bruised or damaged berries.
2. Combine Ingredients: In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the fresh cranberries, honey, bourbon whiskey, fresh orange juice, orange zest, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
3. Cook over medium heat and stir to combine all the ingredients. The cranberries will start to pop and release their juices.
4. Simmer and Stir: Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the cranberries have softened, and the sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
5. Adjust Consistency and Sweetness: If you'd like a thicker sauce, simmer for a bit longer. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, you can add more wildflower honey to taste.
6. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the cranberry sauce to cool to room temperature. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
7. Once it reaches room temperature, transfer the cranberry sauce to an airtight container and refrigerate it until you're ready to serve. It can be made a day or two in advance.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.