Make the prefect breakfast indulgance with this irresistible honey and coconut crepe recipe. This step-by-step guide will have you creating delicate crepes in no time. Simply combine the ingredients, chill the batter, and prepare the heavenly whipped mascarpone. The blood orange compote adds a tangy twist, infused with honey and vanilla. Discover pure bliss with every bite of this culinary delight.
2 large eggs
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup flour
3 Tbps coconut oil melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
WHIPPED MASCARPONE FILLING
6 ounces mascarpone cheese
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
BLOOD ORANGE COMPOTE
4 blood oranges
1/2 cup blood orange juice (squeezed from 2 oranges)
1 blood orange zest
1 vanilla bean (seeds removed)
1. Combine all crepe recipe ingredients in a blender and pulse for 45 seconds or until well combined.
2. Chill crepe batter in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to settle.
3. To prepare the whipped mascarpone:
• Combine the mascarpone cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl.
• Beat in mixer on high speed until soft peaks form (approx. 5 min.)
• Add the honey and vanilla to the bowl and beat until just combined.
• Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
4. To prepare the blood orange compote:
• Zest one of blood orange and set the zest aside.
• Slice four blood oranges into 1/4 inch rounds. Slice four blood oranges into 1/4 inch rounds. Remove the rind and pith. Place in a bowl.
• In a skillet, mix 1/2 cup of the blood orange juice with the reserved zest, honey and vanilla. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
• Remove from the heat and add the blood oranges slices. Set the compote aside.
5. To make the crepes:
• Heat buttered or cooking spray 12 inch non-stick pan.
• Pour a 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and spread evenly.
• Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to a cutting board.
• Lay crepes flat so they can cool. (makes approx. 10 crepes)
6. To assemble:
• Spread the whipped mascarpone inside a warm crepe.
• Top with blood orange compote.
• Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with Gypsy Shoals Farm caramel honey.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.