Discover the irresistible taste of Cajun Meatloaf with this flavorful recipe. Experience the bold spices of the Bayou in this easy-to-make dish. Satisfy your cravings for a delicious Cajun twist on classic meatloaf. Get ready to add a touch of Southern flair to your dinner table!
2 pounds ground chuck
1 pound ground pork
10 cloves garlic (minced)
5 celery stalks (diced)
2 yellow onions (diced)
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1 1/4 cups ketchup (divided)
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. sea salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1/3 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Prep an aluminum-foil-lined baking dish for the meatloaf.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
4. Add the bell pepper, yellow onion, celery, and garlic.
5. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
6. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, and nutmeg to the mix. Stir to combine.
7. Add 1/2 cup of ketchup to the mix.
8. Stir to combine for 60 seconds.
9. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
10. Once cool, add the breadcrumbs and stir until the mix forms a paste.
11. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the eggs then add the milk. Stir well.
12. Add the ground pork and beef to the beaten eggs and knead the pork and beef to combine all ingredients.
13. Add the vegetable mix to the meat and continue kneading to combine all ingredients.
14. Transfer the meat to the foil-lined baking dish and evenly spread the meat into loaf form.
15. Combine the remaining 3/4 cup of ketchup with 1 tablespoon of honey. Stir well, then evenly spread the ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
16. Bake the meatloaf for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
17. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking dish.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.