Experience the flavors of Israel with our mouthwatering Israeli Honey-Sesame Cake recipe. This delectable cake, traditionally eaten at Rosh Hashanah, features a perfect balance of sweet coffee-infused honey and nutty sesame, resulting in a moist and flavorful treat.
1/3 cup white sesame seeds
2 large eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup Tahini (stirred well)
1/4 cup strong black coffee (room temperature)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
honey glaze INGREDIENTS
6 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. sesame seeds garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line and grease a 9X9” square cake pan.
3. Roast sesame seeds over medium heat in a dry skillet until toasted.
4. Remove from heat and allow to fully cool.
5. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, coffee-infused honey, oil, tahini, strong coffee, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk until smooth.
6. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
7. Mix everything to combine it into a batter.
8. Add the prepared sesame seeds to the batter, and mix until incorporated.
9. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
10. Allow cake to fully cool before adding drizzle glaze topping.
HONEY GLAZE DIRECTIONS
1. Combine powdered sugar, coffee-infused honey and water in a bowl.
2. Whisk until smooth.
3. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
4. Top with extra sesame seeds if desired.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.