Experience culinary bliss with our Lavender Honey Scones recipe. Delight in the delicate flavors of lavender and sweet honey infused into buttery scones. These homemade scones are the epitome of indulgence, perfect for a leisurely breakfast or a delightful afternoon tea.
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp. lavender buds (dried)
24 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Combine heavy cream, lavender infused honey and lavender buds in a sauce pan.
4. Gently warm over medium / low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
6. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
7. Blend in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the butter is broken down into dry mix forming a crumbly mix.
8. Whisk egg into cooled cream/lavender mix.
9. Pour this wet mix into the dry crumble mixture.
10. With a fork combine ingredients.
11. Prepare a lightly floured surface for kneading dough.
12. Knead until dough is combined (10-12 strokes).
13. Form scone dough into a 10 x 4-inch rectangle.
14. Cut in half lengthwise.
15. Cut each half into the shape of a triangles (6 per side).
16. Place scones on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
17. Brush with heavy cream.
18. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
19. Serve with additional lavender-infused honey.
Gypsy Shoals Farm infused honey is never heated so it retains all of the natural health benefits found in 100% raw unfiltered honey. Our infused honey is handcrafted in small batches and makes the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.